Kennicott Glacier Lodge hires a few hard working, team oriented, adventurous people to work with us in the Alaskan wilderness each summer. Living and working in Kennicott offers an opportunity for a unique, and some say life-changing, lifestyle in a spectacular mountain setting.
The Lodge Staff is a community of about 35 people, ranging in age from 18 to 65 and we share our summer home with up to 100 Guests per day from all over the world. One third to one half of our Staff return from year to year, and each year we look forward to welcoming a few new people to join us in Kennicott.
Highlights of working at Kennicott Glacier Lodge
- Spend the summer living and playing in America’s Largest National Park
- Work at a family owned and operated Lodge
- Free room and board
- Two days off each week to explore the area
- We provide transportation for all Staff members from Anchorage to Kennicott at the beginning of the summer and back at the end of the summer
- Performance bonus for completing agreed work dates
Working here can be an opportunity to learn a variety of skills and develop a strong work ethic, and it can be a place to grow professionally as a chef, baker, maintenance worker, or customer service representative. Each summer we employ people as housekeepers and servers, dishwashers, cooks, bakers, maintenance staff, front desk hosts, and drivers.
Our remote location and commitment to stewardship, require us to be a resourceful team. More often than not, we bake it, we sew it, we build it, we fix it, and we recycle it.
- Wages are paid monthly by check or direct deposit
- Housing is provided for Lodge staff in a 15 room bunkhouse and two staff houses located within 1/4 mile of the Lodge
- Single and double rooms are available (we typically cannot guarantee single rooms for first time employees)
- The bunkhouse has electricity, running water, and shared bathrooms and shower rooms
- The staff houses have electricity and bathroom facilities are in the Main Lodge
- Staff receive three free meals each day
- Breakfast – cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt and select hot options
- Lunch – make your own sandwich buffet, soup, and occasional hot options
- Dinner – “family style” dinner usually includes salad, fresh baked bread, entrée, and side dishes – some entrée options are Alaskan Salmon, Herb Breaded Chicken Breast, Burritos, Lasagna, and Burgers