Because the Main Lodge is a replica of an original mining era building, these rooms are smaller than typical hotel rooms and do not have bathrooms in the rooms. There are seven bathrooms and six shower rooms conveniently located throughout the lodge. Baths are “private use” but are shared with other guests staying in the Main Lodge.
Each room in the Main Lodge is uniquely decorated with historic photos and artifacts from the Kennicott Copper Mine. Rooms have a cold water sink and electrical outlets but do not have phones, TVs, or refrigerators.
There are two types of rooms in the Main Lodge: Glacier View rooms and Forest View rooms.
Glacier View Rooms
- All rooms are on the front side of the building and have views of the Kennicott Glacier, Mount Blackburn, and the Chugach Mountains.
- Five rooms are located on the first floor. These rooms have access onto the front porch and either two double beds or two queen beds each.
- Ten rooms are located on the second floor and have two double beds each.
|Room Only Rate||2024|
|Single or Double Occupancy||$295 per night|
|Additional Adult in Same Room||$30 per night|
|Additional Child in Same Room||$15 per night|
Forest View Rooms
- All rooms are located on the second floor on the back side of the building looking into the forest.
- Rooms have either one queen bed or two twin beds and can accommodate up to two people.
|Room Only Rate|
|Single or Double Occupancy||$245 per night|
|2024||Adults||Children 12 and Under|
|Breakfast Only||$20 per night||$10 per night|
|Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner||$80 per adults per night||$40 per night|
*To get these discounted rates, you must add the meals for all Guests for all nights of your stay.
Room Only rates include your room and transportation between McCarthy and Kennicott upon arrival and departure. Guided activities are not included.
Breakfast Only also includes one breakfast per person per night.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner also includes one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner per person. Your first meal can be either lunch or dinner on the day you arrive. We can make a sack lunch for you if you will be away from the Lodge during lunch time. Alcoholic beverages, snacks and sodas between meals, and dessert with lunch are an extra charge.
Children are welcome at Kennicott Glacier Lodge. Children 3 through 12 years old are ½ price in the same room as 2 adults. Children under 3 years old are free.
If you would prefer a room with a private bathroom, please check out our South Wing rooms