2020 Season Updates
Kennicott Glacier Lodge is now open for the summer season.
The health and safety of our Guests and Staff remains our top priority. If you are thinking about staying with us, please be assured that we are following all State of Alaska and CDC guidelines.
You can find current information about traveling to Alaska at https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/.
Here are some of the procedures we have implemented:
- Prior to Check In, Guests will be asked if they have experienced a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 72 hours. Guests who have been recently ill, or are showing signs of illness, should not travel.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask while in the Lodge Shuttle Van and they are encouraged to wear a face mask while in Common Areas.
- We are limiting Lodge, Restaurant, and Shuttle Van capacity to promote social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations are readily available to all Guests and Staff.
- We are cleaning and sanitizing high touch and common areas regularly.
- We are serving Made to Order Breakfast, To Go Lunch, and Plated Dinners.
- Staff members are required to wear a face mask and pass a health check prior to each shift.
- We are only accepting new 2020 reservations for rooms in the South Wing with a private bathroom. If you have an existing reservation in the Main Lodge, you will either be upgraded to a South Wing room or you will have a designated, private bathroom and shower in the Main Lodge.
Our cancellation policy for summer 2020 has been modified as follows:
More than 14 days before arrival: $25 per room per night cancellation fee
Less than 14 days before arrival: 100% cancellation fee*
*All 2020 reservations may be transferred to 2021 without penalty. If you are not able to travel due to a government travel ban in place at the time of your visit, we will give you the option to move your reservation to 2021 or receive a full refund.
We look forward to welcoming Guests to Wrangell-St. Elias National Park!